Groton, MA US
Why Join Us?
We are a premier designer and fabricator for the Entertainment and Commercial Advertising industries. We are seeking a skilled Production Manager to join our growing team!
Purpose of Job: Performs administrative support for the organization by managing and tracking all current project workflows within the studio. The Production Manager will collaborate with the Core Members to create milestones, schedules, task trackers, and other project related processes. This role will also direct Production Coordinators in working with each team lead to get an accurate assessment of project milestones, help assign/adjust tasks, and communicate issues in workflow with the Production Director and Creative Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities Essential Job Duties
● Works with Director of Production to make and adjust the production calendar
○ Focus of the Project Manager is what goes on in production for a 4-6 week period
○ Works with Shop Leads to keep on schedules and best practices.
○ Works with Director of Production to plan for 6+ weeks needs of production
○ Keeps track of multiple projects in that time period
● Manage document deliverables for clients, including photo shoots
○ QC’s documentation before sending to client and/or Director of Production
○ Works with contractors and/or designers on updating Build of Materials, Technical drawings, and other production documentation.
● Leads production meetings
○ Creates agendas for meetings
○ Follows up with notes from meeting with Production Coordinator
● Work with Procurement and Shop Steward to make sure all production inventory is kept up to date
● Coordinate with Admin and Creative teams to make sure all schedules are aligned
● Collaborate with Leads and Core to ensure as smooth operation of production as possible
○ Communicates priority and urgency as appropriate in calm and productive manner
○ Facilitates a shop culture of accountability without blame
○ Able to make calls on priority based on Production needs as defined by Client and Director of Production
○ Creates Post Mortem documents at end of projects
● Be flexible, don’t panic, see problems and address them or know when to bring them to the attention of management
Non-essential (secondary) Duties
● Other functions as needed Education and Experience
● Bachelor's degree with 3 years of Project Management experience is preferred, or 5 years of work experience in fabrication and/or themed entertainment and 2 years in a management role
● A high level of discretion, as you will have access to projects in the bidding and development process, well before they reach the production floor
● Excellent time management skills
● Ability to multitask, and ask for help when needed
● Prior experience in fabrication of puppets and costumes
● Excellent communication skills, exceptional grammar
● Good natured temperament to handle problems calmly and with an open mind, you’ll deal with sensitive creators and temperamental clients
● Experience with administrative tasks
● Excellent computer literacy skills, Google Suite, Adobe Creative Suite
● Positive attitude, willingness to help where needed
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written and verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working knowledge of Google Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Apple products. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondences. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and associates. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Experience and knowledge of OSHA_MSDS sheets and procedures. Exceptional ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in an extremely dynamic environment. Effective problem –solving skills and strong desire to help those who have questions and problems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.